We are encouraging all South Africans to take a pledge! The pledge is one to yourself and the country to become a Smart Water Saver, as water consciousness and responsibility is the duty of every citizen.
Sunlight is on a Mission to change the behavior of South Africans. We are challenging South Africa to be a Water Smart Nation. Making the commitment to conserve water means you understand that water is a precious resource and that you are willing to do something about it.
Every pledge made goes towards raising water for areas that are in desperate need it in the Western Cape. We aim to achieve 50 000 pledges!
Fill out the pledge and remember that these changes help in becoming a #WaterSmartNation by saving water in a big way, every day, together.
Indoor Water Saving Tips
- Use Sunlight 2in1 washing powder with SmartFoam as it uses half the rinsing water when doing laundry.
- Take 5 minute showers instead of baths.
- Place a bucket in your shower and use the grey water from your shower to water the garden or flush the toilet.
- Turn the water off while washing your hands and brushing your teeth.
Outdoor Water Saving Tips
- Use a broom (not a hose) to clean driveways and sidewalks.
- Fix outdoor leaks on hose pipes, sprinkler heads
- Use a timer to remind
myselfto turn sprinklers off and avoid overwatering.